Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Ring and Twin Update

It has been a while since I've posted anything.  Sorry, I'm a bad blogger...:)

On Father's Day this year, Tonya had a ring made for me.  It is a signet ring that has a picture in relief of Anastasha's hand from the ultrasound that we took (picture is on the blog page).  The ring was my father's when he was a teenager.  It had his (and my) initial's - CD.  I've worn it for years, but my Dad said that he would be honored for us to convert to a ring in honor of Anastasha.  We melted down gold from one of Tonya's old charms, a charm from my grandfather, and a cross from the woman who raised my mother (Sangootz, we called her).  It is very precious to me.


Tonya is currently 31 weeks pregnant with the twins.  Things have been remarkably smooth up until this past week. On Tuesday at a routine OB appt, Tonya's cervix was noted to be 2 cm dilated.  The OB wasn't alarmed, but that has never happened to Tonya in the past.  Tonya has only dilated in the past when it was time for delivery!  So we were a bit concerned.  Wed night she and I spent overnight at the hospital because of contractions every 5 minutes.  They were able to successfully stop them and sent her home on a medication that she takes every 6 hours.  She is also now on modified bedrest, which means that she can't be on her feet for an extended period of time - no cooking, cleaning, driving, etc.  And due to the relative lack of mobility, she is on heparin (blood thinner) shots twice daily to prevent blood clots.

So life here has been....well...interesting.  Ariana has handled breakfast for everyone.  I come home for lunch and make lunch for the kids, and then dinner when I get home.  Tonya has been homeschooling from the couch.  I've basically been in charge of running the home, something my very competent wife does MUCH BETTER than I ever could.  Tonya talked me into going to Walmart yesterday.  It was a 3 1/2 hour trip, complete with a 45 minute "price matching" check-out (I'm not exaggerating).  I told Tonya that trip was just a step short of hell for me.

So please pray for us and these two little blessings.  We are hoping to keep them in until AT LEAST 35 weeks (approx 9-10-11) - one month from now.  That will allow us to deliver locally instead of in Dallas.  Every day counts as far as morbidity and mortality is concerned.  Here is a picture of Tonya's belly over a week ago.  Can you imagine how big she will be if she carries them for another month or more?!

7 comments:

  1. Tonya and Craig, you guys have been in my prayers a lot lately! Praying for 9-10-11 and for 2 healthy babies and a healthy, energetic momma. As Jack's 4th bday and Elijah's 9 month past I thought about not being able to come to your office and receive the best care for their physical and spiritual well being. All is well in Oklahoma. Just know I am praying for you all and this next month. May Tonya be able to use this bed rest as a time to relax. Craig, your ring is gorgeous. How very special to have something to see everyday to remind you of Anastasha. Love and prayers, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping and praying everything goes well for you all. Thank you for sharing your beautiful family, with love from a fellow anen mum from the UK, Josie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad for the update! Will pray those babies stay put a little while longer! I will pray for Tonya....I know how hard it is when you have to start taking things easy, especially when she is so used to handling everything. We found it is good for the kids too, and yours will be great help! I am due in November with our 9th, so far all is well. I am 27 weeks, so not too far behind, only one though. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Craig and Tonya, sending prayers from the Great Northwest your direction. Bed rest is really hard, but as amyedoula said, this will be good for all of you ultimately, and you all know it's for a great cause. I have complete faith that your littlest ones will do just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you deliver in Dallas, come to medical city hospital and I will deliver you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely ring! And i love how much meaning it holds.

    Hoping Tonya can go as far as she can with those babies!! :)P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the update. I've been checking this site regularly for updates and have been praying for your entire family. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

    ReplyDelete